Note: At the time of writing, ChoreList is operated privately by Theodore Brown. For simplicity now and in the future, the plural pronouns "we", "our", and "us" are used in this document.
Last updated: March 2, 2014
By accessing this web application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using this application. ChoreList is protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of ownership, and under this license you may not attempt to modify or copy any portion of the application.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ChoreList at any time.
ChoreList is provided "as is". We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ChoreList does not make any guarantee concerning the compatibility or reliability of the application.
In no event shall ChoreList be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the application, even if ChoreList or a ChoreList authorized representative has been notified of the possibility of such damage.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, disclose, and make use of personal information.
The Information We Collect
- Your chosen username, which may be your email address. A username is technically required so you can log in from multiple computers and devices. Beginning with ChoreList version 3.0, new usernames are required to be a valid email address to make "forgot password" functionality possible.
- Your chosen password. This password is hashed and salted before being stored in the ChoreList database, and the plain-text password is only used for hash comparison to the stored value.
- The titles and options for chores and lists created in the application.
- The dates on which accounts, lists, and chores were created, and when they were last accessed or modified.
We hate spam as much as you do, so we will not send you promotional emails or share any of your personal information with third parties.
- We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will attempt to protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
While compatibility cannot be guaranteed, we do our best to ensure that ChoreList functions correctly in all modern browsers. ChoreList has been tested successfully in current versions of Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 11. For the best experience, please ensure you are running the latest version of your browser. Some features of ChoreList are not supported in old browser versions.